IN THE WHEEL OF THE FLANDRIENS
We caress the foot of the Koppenberg and the head of the Paterberg, shake over the Oude Kwaremont and the Taaienberg and slalom over spaghetti streets and legendary cobblestone strips, between stream valleys and witness hills. Along the way we tell strong stories about the curse of Ronse, the myth of Melden's hump,
races according to Briek Schotte, the calorie consumption of Cancellara…. In the Ronde van Vlaanderenstraat we pay tribute to the heroes of the bicycle and to Karel van Wijnendaele, who taught the Fleming to read… about the race.
This bus ride can be combined in advance, afterwards or en route with:
- A city walk in Oudenaarde accompanied by a guide: you admire the gold leaf on the elaborately decorated facades of the 16th-century town hall, look up at the majestic Saint Walburga church and stroll through the beguinage on the Tacambaroplein.
- A visit to the MOU (Museum Oudenaarde and the Flemish Ardennes) in the flourishing town hall: colorful Oudenaarde tapestries in the cloth hall and an impressive silver collection, as well as the impressive Volks and Aldermen's Hall (2 euros pp).
- A regional beer on the Hotond, the highest point in East Flanders, about 150 meters above sea level. We are happy to take you on a short, panoramic walk.
- A round of Ronse. We drive past the oldest station in Belgium, sing the song of the Bommels and marvel at colorful art deco facades.
- A visit to one of the most impressive crypts in the country and to St. Hermes Basilica.
You no longer have to be crazy to walk around the shrine of this saint (2.5 euros pp + 30 euros/guide).
- A brewery story in the microbrewery Keun, by the passionate brewer himself (8 euros pp, tasting included).
- A chat with the miller of the nearby Brembosmolen, a completely preserved watermill that also ground bark in the 16th century.
Put together your own day trip, let us know which stops you would like and we will take care of the organization. Tired of choice stress? Then choose our sample package:
Reception with coffee and cake in the Tour of Flanders Center
Visit Ronde exhibition
City walk in Oudenaarde
Lunch at the Peloton Café
Bus tour 'In the Wheel of the Flandriens' including a regional beer on the Hotond
Closing drink in the Tour of Flanders Center
> Price per person: € 38.00
Not enough time? The program without lunch and a visit to the Ronde expo is coming up
15 euros per person (including reception with coffee and cake and a regional beer on the Hotond).