UNKNOWN IS LOVED
The region between Oudenaarde and the border with the province of West Flanders was somewhat forgotten since the drivers no longer stormed the Flemish Ardennes from Bruges but from Antwerp. Yet all your senses are stimulated here too. We bump into Kruisem over cobblestones where much older flandriens lost their dentures and over coulters where windmills enliven the landscape. We stroll by bus past some sparkling castles. This bus ride can be combined in advance, afterwards or en route with:
- A guided city walk in historic Oudenaarde.
- A visit to the MOU (2 euros pp).
- A tour of the Omegabaars organic fish farm. In this company, the only one in the world, the fish of tomorrow is raised in the best conditions. He only eats plant-based food and does not burden our environment. It also tastes delicious (5 euros pp)
- Taste a homemade ice cream on the terrace or in the gourmet barn or indulge in delicacies in the shop of the Valleihoeve: depending on the season, you can buy strawberries, apple juice, chicory… straight from the farmer. Delicious East Flemish!
- A visit to Camps. In an (abbey) building from outer space, mustard and pickles are made and vegetables preserved (15 euros pp, gift included) in an innovative and traditional way at the same time.
- A fragrant walk through the Claus herb nursery: a herb garden, a show garden with special trees, shrubs and plants, the orchard and the greenhouses (8 euros pp, herb plant included). For 2 euros the visit ends with a hearty snack and drink.
- A visit to the baron and baroness della Faille d'Huysse in the Lozer castle. They stroll with your group in the park, receive you in the lounges and the dining room and show you the traditional kitchen in the cellar (9 euros pp).
- A tour with a high alcohol content in the grain distillery Braeckman. Here you will experience how jenever, gin and whiskey are distilled in a divine way (10 euros pp, 2 drinks included).
- Reception with coffee and cake in the Tour of Flanders Center
- Visit Ronde exhibition
- Visit to the MOU
- Lunch at the Peloton Café
- Fragrant walk through Claus herb nursery
- Castle bus ride
- Digestive on bus
- Closing drink in the Tour of Flanders Center
Price per person: € 54.40 Not enough time? The program without lunch and a visit to the Ronde expo comes to 23 euros per person (including reception with coffee and cake).