The Tour of Flanders Center attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data. We therefore see it as our responsibility to protect your privacy. In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle personal data.
The Tour of Flanders Center complies in all cases with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
This means that we in any case:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which
these have been provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this Privacy statement;
- processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are minimally necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask for your explicit permission if we need it for the
processing your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided;
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, want to point this out to you and respect them.
If, after reading this privacy statement, or in a general sense, you have any questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do so via the following contact details:
Tour of Flanders center
Market 43 - 9700 Oudenaarde
Why do we process personal data?
- Sending newsletters
The Tour of Flanders Center sends newsletters by e-mail. These newsletters are commercial on the one hand and aimed at knowledge sharing on the other. Your first name and e-mail address are collected via the appropriate form on the website of the Center Tour of Flanders. In addition, you may be asked verbally or textually to register.
Your data will be collected when you contact the Tour of Flanders Center via the website. However, this form only asks for the necessary information to be able to offer a proposal or a service, such as your name, company name, e-mail address, telephone number and project description.
The website of the Center Tour of Flanders collects your data to improve the website. This is done with Google Analytics. These data are anonymous and are therefore not linked to your personal data. This includes information such as the duration of your website visit or the pages you visit a lot. All data will only be processed with your explicit consent or to implement the agreements that are entered into, or because processing is necessary to put you in contact with potential relations and / or contractors.
- Online store
The necessary data is collected for a correct follow-up of orders on our webshop. These are shared with a logistics partner who is responsible for handling the order.
- Activities and events
When participating in activities and events, the necessary personal data is requested. If applicable, this information is shared with the insurance company.
Personal data is processed for various reports. These demographic data show the visitors of the Tour of Flanders Center and its participants in activities. These reports are mainly used for subsidy applications and in reports to the subsidy provider.
For the above purposes, we may request (and store / collect / process) the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity data: name, first name, address, e-mail address
- Personal characteristics: gender, date of birth, nationality
We only use the collected data for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Provision to third parties
We may provide the information you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party for:
- Sending newsletters, promotions and invitations
- The logistics handling of our webshop
- The insurance for activities
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor agreement. We will of course make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide to third parties (provide other parties), unless this is legally required and permitted.
We do not store the personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
At the bottom of every mailing you will find the option to change your details or to unsubscribe.
Security of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, for example we have taken the following measures;
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and correct or delete the personal data that we have received from you. At the top of this privacy statement you can find out how to contact us. You can also object (object) to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the data provided by you transferred by us to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us immediately. You always have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission, this is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Change of privacy statement
When we change our privacy statement, we will announce it on our website.